AUSTRALIA'S VERY OWN
CAMP OVEN COOKING IN AUSTRALIA (COCIAŽ)
AND CAMPING CHAT FORUMS
WITH 'THE CAMP OVEN COOKS' - DEREK & MAGGIE BULLOCK

am
pm

East Australian Time - DST
Welcome, Guest.
If this is your first visit to COCIA, be sure to check out the many references on the Help Board. You will have to Login or Register, before you can post. Click the register TAB below to proceed or to start viewing messages, simply select the Board that you want to visit.

COCIAŽ Forum COCIAŽ Website COCIAŽ On Youtube Support COCIAŽ COCIAŽ Photo Gallery

COCIAŽ Forum Registration Help Forum Help Camp Oven Seasoning

SearchOur Members Member Map Login Me InRegister

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New Boat - Further Moving Into Retirement (Read 3532 times)

Mar 31st, 2012 at 10:28am

Derek   Offline
COCIAŽ Owner
The "Camp Oven Cook"

Lockyer Valley, Queensland, Australia

Mood:
Zodiac sign: Virgo

Sometimes luck just shines on you and last week was my turn. I guess you have all heard the story of the guy who buys an expensive car or boat and just parks it in the shed uses it a little and then basically forgets it for years until someone comes along and buys it. Well that is what happened to me. Saw a boat on eBay of all places for sale. Six years old but listed as being 'as new, hardly used'.

I have seen hundreds of those sort of adds before and shrugged them off but this time something seemed right so I contacted them. The answers I got regarding certain aspects about it seemed to come from someone who knew nothing about boats.  Huh

Anyway I made an offer many thousands less than what they had it for sale. They came back saying they would not accept anything less that X. I countered by upping my original offer only slightly and they accepted.

This resulted in a drive from home to Singleton in NSW. Guy opened the shed and there was basically, "a brand new boat". Not a single mark or scratch on it that I can find apart from a thick layer of dust under the flooring. Couldn't hand the money over quick enough and get out of there.

They gave me a folder full of papers and books to go with it and when I went through the paperwork I couldn't believe my eyes. The guy told me he was coming home from fishing once with his mates down at Gosford and decided that he wanted his own boat so called into a dealer and bought one.

I think the dealer knew what he was doing and obviously said to the guy, well with this boat you need this and this and this and this etc and the guy walked out with a fully optioned fishing boat that is now mine.

Hasn't even hardly got the paint off the propeller and I doubt it has even had a full tank of petrol go through it. We are stoked.

Also found out that his teenage daughter was the one listed it on ebay and was answering my questions.  We joked about her description of the battery.

Now need to get her registered in my name and away we go fishing and crabbing. Anyone got some cheap crab pots. Smiley

Derek  Smiley

Quinnie.jpg (115 KB | )
Quinnie.jpg

Retired
Writer
Ornithologist (Twitcher)
Camp Oven Cook
Epicurean

Derek & Maggie's Travel Blog
IP Logged  

Advertisement
Reply #1 - Mar 31st, 2012 at 10:57am

Chally   Offline
COCIAŽ Diamond Member
I Love COCIA

Maryborough, Queensland, Australia

Good one Derek and may you have many happy hours fishing and crabbing.  Smiley

Jeff

IP Logged  

Reply #2 - Mar 31st, 2012 at 2:44pm

outback jack   Offline
COCIAŽ Platinum Member
I Love camp oven cooking
and going bush

Highett Vic, Australia

Zodiac sign: Capricorn

great buy derek, right time right place  Smiley

IP Logged  

Reply #3 - Apr 1st, 2012 at 5:45pm

Kingsthorpe David   Offline
COCIAŽ Legend

Zodiac sign: Aries

Reads like a classic internet scam!

KD

IP Logged  

Advertisement
Reply #4 - Apr 2nd, 2012 at 6:24am

jclures   Offline
COCIAŽ Platinum Member
I Love COCIA

Herberton, Queensland, Australia

Zodiac sign: Capricorn

Derek, good pickup there, although you are aware that a boat is just a hole in the water you just keep pouring money into.  Smiley

IP Logged  

Reply #5 - Oct 28th, 2016 at 12:16pm

rebelcook   Offline
COCIAŽ Gold Member
I Love COCIA

Georgia, Georgia, USA

Zodiac sign: Leo

Its like a swimming pool keep pouring money in to it but it sure is good when you are catching something you know is going to be good to eat good deal Derek the reb !!!

OH im glad to be in the land of Cotton where the Old Black Pot was Not Forgotten !
IP Logged  

Reply #6 - Oct 29th, 2016 at 10:29am

Derek   Offline
COCIAŽ Owner
The "Camp Oven Cook"

Lockyer Valley, Queensland, Australia

Mood:
Zodiac sign: Virgo

I actually sold the boat.  Like the first owner it sat in my shed unused for two years.

Our life direction changed.  Did some speculating with subdividing a property and selling it, selling the old house and building a new one and in between and now caravanning/camping/travelling have taken over.

Retired
Writer
Ornithologist (Twitcher)
Camp Oven Cook
Epicurean

Derek & Maggie's Travel Blog
IP Logged  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Facebook Twitter
Send Topic Print

Link to This Topic

CAMP OVEN COOKING AND CAMPING IN AUSTRALIA CHAT FORUMS Powered by YaBB 2.5 AE!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2017. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge

Page completed in 1.7244 seconds.