AUSTRALIA'S VERY OWN
CAMP OVEN COOKING IN AUSTRALIA
AND CAMPING CHAT FORUMS
WITH 'THE CAMP OVEN COOKS' - DEREK & MAGGIE BULLOCK

am
pm

East Australian Time
Welcome, Guest.
If this is your first visit to COCIA, be sure to check out the many references on the Help Board. You will have to Login or Register, before you can post. Click the register TAB below to proceed or to start viewing messages, simply select the Board that you want to visit.

COCIA® Forum COCIA® Website COCIA® On Youtube Support COCIA® Photo Gallery

Forum Help Camp Oven Seasoning Heat Bead Calculator

SearchOur Members Member Map Login Me InRegister

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 
Send Topic Print
jclures DIY crossover camper (Read 21380 times)

Reply #240 - Apr 17th, 2018 at 7:33am

jclures   Offline
COCIA® Diamond Member
I Love COCIA

Herberton, Queensland, Australia

Zodiac sign: Capricorn

Thanks, I have a bit to go to finish it of, that is if I ever finish it. Aart I have no set planes as yet, I will use it in local camping areas until I am happy with it, then I will see about other trips.

The new compressor I brought from Thor Air Suspension has arrived, now it is here I will test run it before fitting, I would like to run it along side what I already have but I will run them in a test before doing that.

I have also started fitting the hand basin bench in, after framing the front up I have cut down a bench top brought from Bunnings, and fitted a basin into it. I found I will need a 90deg waste though, so I now am waiting on this to arrive before finishing it of.

IP Logged  

Reply #241 - Apr 18th, 2018 at 7:09am

jclures   Offline
COCIA® Diamond Member
I Love COCIA

I thought after using the camper the one thing I found harder was using the treg coupling, so I have brought the McHitch adaptor kit. This seamed like the best option for now, although when I can afford it, I think I will go to the McHitch automatic trailer coupler.

IP Logged  

Reply #242 - May 25th, 2018 at 8:38am

Derek   Offline
COCIA® Owner
The "Camp Oven Cook"

Lockyer Valley, Queensland, Australia

Mood:
Zodiac sign: Virgo

Any further updates John??

Retired
Writer
Ornithologist (Twitcher)
Camp Oven Cook
Epicurean

Derek & Maggie's Travel Blog
IP Logged  

Reply #243 - May 25th, 2018 at 12:20pm

jclures   Offline
COCIA® Diamond Member
I Love COCIA

I have but I have not posted them up yet. Embarrassed
But I am taking it camping this weekend, for a test run. Cheesy About to leave as I type this. Smiley

IP Logged  

Reply #244 - Jun 2nd, 2018 at 9:56am

jclures   Offline
COCIA® Diamond Member
I Love COCIA

Bonnie took a video of the roof going up when we went away last weekend, it is a 2.30 minute video.
As the roof is going up it is also lifting the folding wall on the left hand side.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGuNzs0I9tA&feature=youtu.be

We did take a video of me folding out the folding walls but for some reason it was very blurry.
Next time we go away we will try again to get this video of the wall folding and locking in place.

IP Logged  

Reply #245 - Jun 2nd, 2018 at 10:00am

jclures   Offline
COCIA® Diamond Member
I Love COCIA

I started planing this spare tyre mount when I made the main camper frame by reinforcing two mounting plates, drilled and threaded  for the main mount.

I am only making one spare tyre for now though, I only have eight rims and tyres in this pattern and size, five on the Nissan and three on the camper.

I have used a house stump threaded captive nut and 25mm thread for the mount.
The hard bit for me was making the swing down carrier. I wanted the wheel when down, to be facing up, this way it is easier for me to fit the spare on the carrier. It took a bit of work to get the thread to line up and the mount to slide into place but it worked out quite well.

I can also still use my tyre cover over the spare tyre, I might have to buy a new one though at some time, as this one is getting a few marks on it.

IP Logged  

Reply #246 - Jun 6th, 2018 at 7:20am

jclures   Offline
COCIA® Diamond Member
I Love COCIA

I have even before I finished the camper thought about fitting what you would call a stabiliser bar in the suspension, as I thought it would be beneficial. I looked at a few bars I had here, but none would work with what I have.
I then brought a second hand VX Commodore rear bar after doing a few measurements using the Commodore I have here.
After backing the camper onto my ramp to make it easy to work on I started fitting it, I needed some backing practise anyway.
As it worked out fitting it to the axle was quite easy, and it only took a little work on the link rods to get them to fit.
I am taking it on a trip again soon, so I will road test it on some gravel roads, and a windy bitumen range road which should tell me it it was worth the effort fitting it.

IP Logged  

Reply #247 - Jun 7th, 2018 at 7:05am

jclures   Offline
COCIA® Diamond Member
I Love COCIA

Alter giving the flooring a bit of thought I have decided to use a product called Hanwood Planks. I a few of these left over as shorts from a job, so rather than waste them I am using them.

Hanwood is a waterproof vinyl interlocking plank with a rubber backing, and also a good insulator on the floor, Well that is what they claim on the box.
Even though the Hanwood is a floating floor product, I am using sickerflex to hold it in place.

While I am at it I am also tiding up the chassis rails in the doorway with some prop plate.

I hope to have this first floor section finished tonight as I plan on going out to Mt Albion camping this weekend.

Hanwood_floor_01.jpg (220 KB | 3 )
Hanwood_floor_01.jpg
Hanwood_floor_02.jpg (229 KB | 2 )
Hanwood_floor_02.jpg
IP Logged  

Reply #248 - Jun 14th, 2018 at 7:07am

jclures   Offline
COCIA® Diamond Member
I Love COCIA

I have been working on the first of two storage draws at the rear of the camper. I like to have a spot for things and then they can be easy to get when needed, that is why I planed these draws from the start of the build.
I have folded them from some of my leftover aluminium, so I can keep them as light as possible.
This drawer is for the tent pegs, hammer, Ropes double and single as well as the rope springs.
The springs have small shackles on each end, and the ropes have spring clips on them so I can break them down to pack away.
I still need to trim the door edging then this drawer and door are finished.

IP Logged  

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 
Facebook Twitter
Send Topic Print

Link to This Topic

CAMP OVEN COOKING AND CAMPING IN AUSTRALIA CHAT FORUMS Powered by YaBB 2.5 AE!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge

Page completed in 1.0527 seconds.