AUSTRALIA'S VERY OWN
CAMP OVEN COOKING IN AUSTRALIA (COCIAŽ)
AND CAMPING CHAT FORUMS
WITH 'THE CAMP OVEN COOKS' - DEREK & MAGGIE BULLOCK

am
pm

East Australian Time
Welcome, Guest.
If this is your first visit to COCIA, be sure to check out the many references on the Help Board. You will have to Login or Register, before you can post. Click the register TAB below to proceed or to start viewing messages, simply select the Board that you want to visit.

COCIAŽ Forum COCIAŽ Website COCIAŽ On Youtube Support COCIAŽ COCIAŽ Photo Gallery

COCIAŽ Forum Registration Help Forum Help Camp Oven Seasoning Heat Bead Calculator

SearchOur Members Member Map Login Me InRegister

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Pork & Apple Burgers (Read 406 times)

Oct 29th, 2016 at 10:59am

Derek   Offline
COCIAŽ Owner
The "Camp Oven Cook"

Lockyer Valley, Queensland, Australia

Mood:
Zodiac sign: Virgo

If you love pork and apple as well as mushrooms as much as I do then here is a great dinner that can be cooked up on the Weber Q while out and about.  The recipe concept for the pork patties was originally taken from the Aldi Website.  http://aldi.com.au

Anyway, I was walking through Woolies today and saw these beautiful big brown portobello mushrooms.  I stopped and looked and thought, I can't walk away but what can I cook with them.  Ideas started running through my head and I came up with the idea of hamburgers using mushrooms instead of bread rolls because they did looked like big hamburger rolls.

Not sure if I have seen it done before but possible.

The original recipe calls for Aldi pork mince however I find it too fatty so bought some pork leg steaks and minced them myself.  I also use Pink Lady Apples as I find the flavour very nice.  Here it is.

Ingredients
400 grams pork mince
Couple of spring onions chopped fine
Salt & Pepper
1/2 teaspoon dried sage leaf
Crispy Pink Lady grated apple
4 large mushrooms
Salad items

Method
Combine the pork, apple, onions, sage and salt and pepper then form into four large patties and cook on barbecue
Remove the stems from the mushrooms and grill until soft.
Make up the burgers with a mushroom on the bottom then a pork pattie then layer on the salad.  I used baby cos lettuce, tomato and beetroot but you can do whatever you want including sauce.  Pop another mushy on top and you have a great burger.  Now you will need to eat it with a knife and fork.

Now I have two pork and apply meat patties left over for lunch tomorrow.

Next time I might look at poaching the mushrooms in apple juice or even apple cider.

porka1.JPG (91 KB | )
porka1.JPG
porka2.JPG (92 KB | )
porka2.JPG
porka3.JPG (82 KB | )
porka3.JPG

Retired
Writer
Ornithologist (Twitcher)
Camp Oven Cook
Epicurean

Derek & Maggie's Travel Blog
IP Logged  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Facebook Twitter
Send Topic Print

Link to This Topic

CAMP OVEN COOKING AND CAMPING IN AUSTRALIA CHAT FORUMS Powered by YaBB 2.5 AE!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge

Page completed in 1.0919 seconds.