AUSTRALIA'S VERY OWN
CAMP OVEN COOKING IN AUSTRALIA (COCIA)
AND CAMPING CHAT FORUMS
WITH 'THE CAMP OVEN COOKS' - DEREK & MAGGIE BULLOCK

am
pm

East Australian Time - DST
Welcome, Guest.
If this is your first visit to COCIA, be sure to check out the many references on the Help Board. You will have to Login or Register, before you can post. Click the register TAB below to proceed or to start viewing messages, simply select the Board that you want to visit.

COCIA® Forum COCIA Website COCIA® On Youtube COCIA Photo Gallery Support

Forum Help Camp Oven Seasoning Heat Bead Calculator

SearchOur Members Member Map Login Me InRegister

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Aluminium camp ovens (Gurranang Foundry) (Read 4870 times)
Reply #10 - May 31st, 2016 at 12:32pm

Saltbush Bill   Offline
COCIA® Diamond Member
"WANTED 13 inch Metters
camp oven"

Lismore, New South Wales, Australia

Zodiac sign: Cancer

Im not sure that you will sell to many of those ovens here. You might do well if you advertise on some of the Face Book Camp oven pages. People there that are new to camp oven cooking seem to be buying anything they can to cook in at the moment.
Its a shame that the mold for your biggest oven was stolen, they were a very unique oven.
Best of luck , hope you sell heaps  Smiley

IP Logged  

Reply #11 - May 31st, 2016 at 5:39pm

Kingbrown   Offline
COCIA® Platinum Member
I Love COCIA

Broadwater, New South Wales, Australia

Zodiac sign: Aries

Id be real keen on buying a few of those big ones you used to make but apparently the moulds got nicked Cry! You would wonder what someone would want with them. Oh well hopefully I will find one eventually. I will put a link on my facebook cooking page to your website and I will share it around a few of the groups for you. I will probably order an oven or two off you soon myself. Smiley

IP Logged  

Reply #12 - May 31st, 2016 at 6:02pm

Derek   Offline
COCIA® Owner
The "Camp Oven Cook"

Lockyer Valley, Queensland, Australia

Mood:
Zodiac sign: Virgo

aussieovenco wrote on May 31st, 2016 at 10:24am:
Hi.Anthony here from the Aussie Oven Co.I'm sorry for stepping on anyone's toes by promoting my product on your forum.We have just started up again and I am looking everywhere to try and get some sales.We have all the sizes of the old Gurranang ovens,bar the 45lt,as shown by Astroboys post.The pattern to make those was stolen from storage.I have gone to die casting rather than sand casting as it produces a superior finish to the castings and enables me to sell them cheaper.Our small 3lt oven is still sand cast and we have a new die being made for a smaller frypan.It is the same size as the 6lt oven,11 inches od,but only 2 inches deep. It can use the same lid as the 6 lt. I'm a 58 yr old father of 5 sons.I decided to throw my life savings into the ovens as regular work as a gyprock sheeter is hard to get at my age.No one wants to employ the older blokes anymore.I got hooked on camp oven cooking years ago .Nothing better than getting a fire going early in the day,slow cooking the roast whilst doing the lawns or whatever.Every now and then I get a whiff of whats cooking as I push the mower past the firepit.Beautiful.Sit down with the family in the arvo to a perfectly cooked roast and vegies and cold beer.Lifes good.
Ps. Thanks for the tip on the inches thing .I am onto it.
Happy cooking.
Anthony

Thanks for the update Anthony.  As Ron said, shame about losing that old pattern.  Big ovens of any type are hard to come by these days.

By the way do you know Noel who had the original Gurranang Foundry just outside of Grafton.  He is a member of this forum under the name Aussie Noel but has not posted for several years.

I could see your ovens really hitting it with the grey nomads.  Weight in a caravan is a big thing and the aluminium could prove quite popular.

Cheers and all the best.  Happy for you to keep us updated on progress.

Retired
Writer
Amateur Ornithologist (Twitcher)
Camp Oven Cook
Epicurean
IP Logged  

Advertisement
Reply #13 - Nov 15th, 2020 at 5:34pm

Kingsthorpe David   Offline
COCIA® Legend

Zodiac sign: Aries

My 8 inch 3 Liter just arrived ..................very nce Anthony.

STA_6209.JPG (1151 KB | 2 )
STA_6209.JPG
IP Logged  

Pages: 1 2 
Facebook Twitter
Send Topic Print

Link to This Topic

CAMP OVEN COOKING AND CAMPING IN AUSTRALIA CHAT FORUMS Powered by YaBB 2.5 AE!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2020. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge

Page completed in 0.6188 seconds.