AUSTRALIA'S VERY OWN
CAMP OVEN COOKING IN AUSTRALIA (COCIA)
AND CAMPING CHAT FORUMS
WITH 'THE CAMP OVEN COOKS' - DEREK & MAGGIE BULLOCK

am
pm

East Australian Time
Welcome, Guest.
If this is your first visit to COCIA, be sure to check out the many references on the Help Board. You will have to Login or Register, before you can post. Click the register TAB below to proceed or to start viewing messages, simply select the Board that you want to visit.

COCIA® Forum COCIA Website COCIA® On Youtube COCIA Photo Gallery Support

Forum Help Camp Oven Seasoning Heat Bead Calculator

Search Member Map Login Me InRegister

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 
Send Topic Print
jclures DIY crossover camper (Read 79938 times)

Reply #360 - Jul 31st, 2022 at 9:52pm

jclures   Offline
COCIA® Diamond Member
I Love COCIA

Herberton, Queensland, Australia

Zodiac sign: Capricorn

From what I know they are EVE Batteries, model LF280K, and the manufacture date is between the 21/11/21 to the 10/12/21. I order them around 3months ago, and they took some time coming as they are shipped.
I have a second set coming, but they will only be a 110Ah set. I do not expect them to be here until after August some time. This set needed to be physically smaller to fit into my chassis design in the camper, but when combined I will have around 390Ah of storage.
I have already upgraded the camper using Victron solar and mains battery charger so I could go down the thack of using these batteries.
Both this battery and the next one I am using the Daly BSM, time will tell me if this is a good choice though.

IP Logged  

Reply #361 - Aug 1st, 2022 at 1:50am

Derek   Offline
COCIA® Caretaker
The "Camp Oven Cook"

Lockyer Valley, Queensland, Australia

Mood:
Zodiac sign: Virgo

Just reading the specs on the Daly and certainly looks good.

I have a feeling I am going to go with a complete iTechworld systems in the new van when we get there - 3 X 120 ah lithium batteries, 40amp DC2DC dual charger, 40amp mains charger, 3000 watt pure sine wave inverter and 500 amp battery monitor and shunt.

I want to install an AC transfer switchover on the inverter so I can power the whole system with 240 volts when off grid.

All still in planning at present so open to change.

For me solar is going to be the biggest challenge, particularly with weight.

Retired
Writer
Amateur Ornithologist (Twitcher)
Camp Oven Cook
Epicurean
IP Logged  

Reply #362 - Aug 1st, 2022 at 9:00am

jclures   Offline
COCIA® Diamond Member
I Love COCIA

I have just installed a new 6,5kw of solar on my house roof, this is now running alongside my original 2Kw system which I already had.
I talked to the solar installer about the new solar panels and using them on campers or caravans. These were 370w panels 40v (34v in reality} maximum voltage @11A, and the panels are 30mm thick so as long as if they were mounted well, they will give a low profile. The size and weight were not too bad I thought, 1755mmx1038mm and 19.5kg per panel
If there was room, I would run two strings them in series so the voltage should then be a total of  1480w @ 68v @ 21A through a Victron solar regulator.
The extra battery I am building is 1.2Ah, not the 110Ah I was thinking but it has only cost me $321 for them
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003303868730.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.0.0.6...
and $91 for the BMS
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004313054756.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.0.0.6...
so, a 102Ah battery for the cost of $412.
If I was starting again, I would use a 24v system through a inverter, but my fridges as 12/24v so they would run of the battery, along with the lighting. I would also use a JK BMS for a 24v battery.

IP Logged  

Reply #363 - Aug 1st, 2022 at 11:36am

Derek   Offline
COCIA® Caretaker
The "Camp Oven Cook"

Lockyer Valley, Queensland, Australia

Mood:
Zodiac sign: Virgo

It is amazing all the gear you can get now as opposed to even 5 and 6 years ago.

I have read of a number of people who have house panels on their RV’s with no issues.  More so on big coaches and busses.

The main issue for me will be weight.  The commercially made vans do not allow a real lot and in this one, which I expect will be our last, we want to be very comfortable and still be legal.

Retired
Writer
Amateur Ornithologist (Twitcher)
Camp Oven Cook
Epicurean
IP Logged  

Reply #364 - Aug 6th, 2022 at 4:07pm

jclures   Offline
COCIA® Diamond Member
I Love COCIA

I have now got the batteries in the camper with some temporary wiring to charge them and adjust the battery and charging parameters.
The batteries are now sitting fully charged and only a .003v difference between them.
I now just need to fix the battery leads in the camper and it should be good to go.

IP Logged  

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 
Facebook Twitter
Send Topic Print

Link to This Topic

CAMP OVEN COOKING AND CAMPING IN AUSTRALIA CHAT FORUMS Powered by YaBB 2.5 AE!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2022. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge

Page completed in 0.6551 seconds.